The endow the summer is coming to a close, but don’t fear – Drum Corps are coming to Annapolis. Maryland on Tuesday, July 30 at 7PM in Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. We will be stopping practice at 2PM that day to breezy to leave at 4PM. The performance schedule is:
- 6:45 PM. Sonus Brass Theater
- 7:00 PM. Welcome & National Anthem
- 7:10 PM. Encorps – South Brunswick, NJ
- 7:27 PM. Seattle Cascades – Seattle, WA
- 7:44 PM. Jersey Surf – Camden County, NJ
- 8:01 PMSpirit of Atlanta – Atlanta, GA
- 8:18 PMMandarins – Sacramento, CA
- 8:35 PMThe Cavaliers – Rosemont, IL
- 8:52 DCI Recap and Dixmi
The following students made the marching band color guard for the 2019-2020 season:
- Angelina Wales – Captain
- Bethany Comer
- Brianna Crowley
- Melody Chinault
- Kyley Moore
- David Stamper
- Makayla Johnson
- Emily Minnick
- Liam Ballard
- La’meana LaPlante
- Mya Fisher
- Yashi Nieves-Lopez
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!
We will be hosting a music festival through the company called Music In The Parks. On the dates below we will be setting one or two stages for choral and instrumental groups to perform – similar to assessment except the are competing against one another. We need your help to make these events happen. Please help!!! Please email Mr.Coleman ASAP.
Adults needed are:
- Bus Greeters (2)
- Lobby Greeter/Registration Table (2)
- Announcer in each Performance Area (2)
Students are needed as:
- Stage Manager (2)
- Stage Crew (set up/tear down for each group) (4-6)
- Guide from bus drop off to warm up room
- Guides for each ensemble (6-12)
- Adjudicator packet runner (2)
We have lots of upcoming events! Here is a reminder of the vents for the rest of the year.
- April 11 – Virginia DOE presentation – Chorus and Strings – 4:30PM – 6:00PM
- April 15 – Special Olympics – Band – 2nd block
- April 17 – Pyramid Concert – Concert tines are as follow. Please arrive a half hour before for warm-up and tuning.
- Strings – 4:30 PM – in Red Gym
- Chorus – 6PM – Auditorium
- Band – 6:30PM – in Red Gym
- April 30 – Band After School Rehearsal – 3-5:15PM
- May 7 – Band After School Rehearsal – 3-5:15PM
- May 9 – Spring Concert – 6:30PM
An effective student staff is vital to the success of any marching band program. Students are selected, through an audition process, for their musical skills, organizational skills and leadership potential. High demand and great responsibility are placed on these students, who will have the opportunity to learn lessons that will help them to achieve success in any endeavor in their future. Specific positions and responsibilities are listed below for each student staff position. Students selected for these positions will undergo extensive and rigorous training during the summer months with the Director of Bands and should be prepared to devote more time to the band program than their peers. Some student staff positions will also recommend that the student attend a summer camp away from the Caroline area in order to hone their skills.
PLEASE COMPLETE THIS BEFORE February 20th.
Due to inclement weather we will be postponing the Winter Concert to Wednesday, December 19th at 6:30PM. This will allow the concert band to rehearse after school on Monday, December 17th prior to the concert.
Cavalier Notes – Bowling Green Parade
Report to the School at 2:30PM
- 3:15PM leave for Bowling Green
- 3:45PM Roads are closed
- 5PM parade starts
- 6PM leave for CHS
- 6:30PM Unload bus, put uniforms away and GO HOME
The Spotsylvania Parade is still on as of now. They are continuing to watch the weather so that they can make a decision. They will be making a decision on the parade around 7AM tomorrow morning. I will send a remind 101 IF the parade is postponed. If it is postponed, we will not be able to make the makeup date. Keep posted for more information.
Cavalier Notes – Spotsylvania Parade
- Last rehearsals are today and December 6th. Any absences will result in a student not performing next parade.
- Report to the School at 11:00AM
- Spotsylvania Parade – December 1st
- 11:30AM leave for Spotsylvania MS
- 12:45AM Roads are closed
- 1PM parade starts
- 2PM Hopefully be done and load the bus
- 3PM Unload bus, put uniforms away and GO HOME!
Cavalier Notes – Hermitage HS
- All time are estimates!!!! Things may take longer than expected.
- Football game is the same time as our Fall Concert so we will not be attending the football game
- Practice Friday until 5PM
- Saturday – eat a good breakfast before reporting to school
- 6:45 AM – Arrive, start loading equipment on the trailer
- 7:15 AM – Get dressed – make sure you have your garment bag, shoe box and hat box to put on your bus when you are dismissed to the buses
- 7:45 AM – Leave for Hermitage HS
- 8:30 AM – Arrive at Hermitage HS
- 10:45 AM – Performance
- 11:30 AM – Ratings
- 12:00 PM – Load bus and leave for lunch
- 1:30 PM – Load for CHS
- 2:00 PM – Arrive at CHS
- 2:20 PM – As long as everything is put up – Dismissal
Marching Band practice will only be Wednesday and Thursday next week!