Colonial Forge HS is looking forward to hosting the VBODA District 15 All-District High School auditions on Saturday, December 9th of this year. Students will need two things:
1 – Provide their own ride to and from Colonial Forge HS
2 – Pay the $5.50 registration fee to Mr. Coleman no later than Monday, November 20th. If paying by check – please make checks payable to Caroline HS or CHS.
Information on the audition process and etudes are at: http://www.district15bandauditions17.weebly.com
- Doors will open at 7:00 am; Student Registration begins at 7:30 am and ENDS at 9:30 am in the cafeteria/commons
- Students will register at the audition site to receive their audition number; Audition numbers will be assigned sequentially, not randomly
- Percussion Auditions will begin at 8:30 am; Wind Auditions will begin at 9:00 am.
- The auditorium will be used as a holding area; Students WILL NOT be allowed to play instruments or other noise-creating device in the auditorium – this includes sticks/pad!
- Students will be called from the auditorium and taken to warm-up rooms where they may begin playing
- Students are not to play their instruments in any area of the school other than the specified warm-up and audition rooms. Please advise them of this regulation. They will have a minimum of 20 minutes in a warm-up room as long as they are on-time when their audition number is called. If they miss their number, their warm-up time may be limited.
- No students are allowed outside of the Auditorium or commons area of the building unless they are warming up for their audition or going to the audition rooms.
- Students will need to keep their audition number with them to show as they enter the warm-up and audition room(s). A “sign-in” list will be created as they enter each room as a verification of audition numbers.
- All warm-up rooms and audition rooms are in the “academic wing” of CFHS. Students are only allowed to have their instrument and instrument accessories and their prepared music selection in that area of the building.
- A standard concert snare will be provided. Students auditioning on snare drum may bring their own snare drum for the audition if they so desire. They should practice quick set-up of their own equipment as time is limited in the audition room
- Mallet instruments available for the audition rooms will be Yamaha 3 1⁄2 octave xylophone. There will be one in warm-up, the mallet audition room and the prepared room providing consistency for your students.
- Four Timpani will be available. Timpani will be checked and balanced before the auditions! A separate set is also planned for the warm-up room.
- Percussion sticks and mallets WILL NOT be provided or loaned!
- “Unofficial” results will be posted in cafeteria as soon as they are available. Official results will be e-mailed to each participating director. Results will also be posted on the auditions web page by audition number (no names)
- Concessions will be available from the Colonial Forge Music Boosters. A breakfast menu will be available when you arrive and lunch items will be available as the day goes on.